SCI-ART LAB

Science, Art, Litt, Science based Art & Science Communication

Intuitive reasoning/knowledge. It doesn't work like you might think...

When I was a child, I "knew" things, things I thought every one else knew too. After all, it was sooo obvious. Well, grown ups especially, apparently didn't think so. I would be stunned by their response at times to my pronouncements of the "obvious."

When I became a teen, my mind and intellect only expanded; abstract thought was now a part of the deal. I could think and perceive far more greatly than ever; I was still sometimes mystified by others when I sometimes said the "obvious".

I didn't always know how to explain how I "knew" some of the things I knew. They just popped into my head, whole and complete. Sometimes it was a visual image, sometimes verbal or a poem. I also wondered why it seemed in certain subjects, like math, lots of people had to figure A AND B to get to C. Oftentimes when I looked at it, C just popped into my head! I then discovered a new trait in grown ups: they didn't like what they couldn't see. So I had to then learn to wait while the others fiddled around to get the a,b,c thing down. It was a lot easier not to tangle with some of them.

When I got older still and went to college, I learned that I was an "intuitive" thinker and that was my prefered method of reasoning, shared by about 20% of the U.S. population. Well, this had a name now. It's not that I don't use logic. I do when needed, and I do it very well. Ask any body who's gotten into a debate with me.

I can be quicker than anything, and logical. But it isn't my preferred method. I like and use intuition most often. Does that mean that I have special perceptive ability? Probably not, but exactly how it works is beyond me. I just know I use it a lot, and a lot of times, people don't like it.

As I moved towards my senior year in college, a wise old lady who worked on campus said to me one day, "You're very perceptive. The challenge for you will be to learn to see when others know, and when they don't. People don't like you "knowing" things that they think are a secret. Worse yet, they'll sometimes think you're a snoop!" But they just pop into my head. I don't really know how.

And they're more like sense-impressions, more than facts and figures. I did improve after my shock-- she was right. I didn't recognize this clearly before she spoke to me at about age 22, to better realize that other people, that most people, don't operate that way, and they sometimes do think I'm a snoop. I have learned to keep a lot of things quiet. Not everybody wants it "out there." And I'm so glad when I'm with friends. They're more okay with it all, cause we're friends, but still I have to think before I talk--sometime a whole lot...

After something pops up is when I verify it with facts or figures-- maybe it's just something goofy, maybe not. And no, I can't "get into your head." I only perceive what you "put out there."

And no, I don't have to know you at all, but it is easier to catch the drift when I do. I pick things up from strangers just as often, but mostly it's buzz in my head, and I ignore it. Sometimes in cities, I've "known" someone wanted to rob/pickpocket me and I got away from them, but then again maybe they were just goofy. Still, I don't have to mess with them, so I don't.

And no, I don't have to meditate, or be quiet to hear these things, but it is easier sometimes. The most frustrating is when I'm doing something else, like talking to someone or doing something complicated, and "someone" wants to put something out there, sometimes specifically for me. Then I wish they would go away. I'm bad at listening to several people at once. I can listen later, but they're not always there later, and sometimes, I just don't understand what it's about.

It's a sense-impression, mostly, and I don't have the facts, so I get a general idea, that's it. For example, I may "know" you're going on a trip and I may know it's by plane, or over water, but not where. And sometimes, I may "know" where, but not who or why. C'est la vie.

People occasionally ask if I'm clairvoyant or telpathic. Who knows? I don't. I do know that when I suffered a head injury which took a long time to improve, it knocked out my "navigation" abilities, and a lot of processing/decision making ability, which I discovered my intuitive intelligence is an integral part. I was glad it came back! I think without it, life would be so dull for me.

When I meet others who are like-minded, it's really nice. I don't have to explain everything to them. It's great, they already get it. But I don't meet many, so I'm quite used to dealing with the average bear, and those who aren't too sure about me.

I think most people have more of the ability to reason this way, but they just don't. I don't get too excited about this. It's actually the only thing I've got, so it's not "special." I'm just wired like this. Nothing else to it.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I say, I can relate to it? Yes, people don't like we finding out what goes on their minds! Some men even get angry & annoyed if we read their minds like a book. often we run into trouble. So, even if I read the minds of people sometimes, I keep it to myself & use it to do good. But never to exploit people. If we have this ability, we should also know how to use it in the right way.
Good luck to you
Krishna
yup!
Thanks for your reply. So tell us more, like, "yup," and...

Jeff Dinan said:
yup!
Now, I'm laughing :))
A delightful reply, I'd say!
simple said:
Jeff, now, I'm laughing :))
A delightful reply, I'd say!
Ok, sorry, I was playin games elsewhere, well... It all started 'in the closet' I was locked in for maybe 2 days, or it could have been two hours, my young mind was too frail to really understand the concepts of time, so I counted heartbeats, at 60 a minute, I deduced from the number of heartbeats that it was around two 24 hours periods, well, I am just kidding, so, onward, I get bored easily... Sometimes, I will abandon a project because of this feeling, and then come back to it, but that is neither here nor besides myself, so, do I HAVE to explain anything? ARGH!
I had a head injury too, once, it was in a car wreck, head on collision, I was sitting in between too young ladies and a baby, I put out both hands to them and smacked the ceiling, and the windshield with my head, only saw a grayness, no stars or lights, or anything like that, but I had a 'peace' on me that kept me lucid so that I could get everyone out of the car, one girl was injured, the rest were smacked up a bit, the baby was fine. The grayness came on me, after everyone was resting. Since then, I have to buckle up when I get in a car! Yup, it all comes down to an old addage, 'the truth hurts'.
To Krishna,

I re-read what I wrote. I'm not clear how you come to the "reading minds."

Intuititive thought is like any other form of reasoning. It is used in an everyday, normal way. I find my way home, drive a car, converse, take care of my family, tell the weather or any other thing you can think of that a person does in a day, and most often I cogitate with induction.

It isn't in my experience, anything like reading minds. Imagine if I could, I'd be the richest person in the world. Governments would fight for a mind like that. Since I don't read minds, sadly no one has called on me yet... Maybe Sylvia, who writes all those books, reads minds... Have they called her yet?

Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa said:
If I say, I can relate to it? Yes, people don't like we finding out what goes on their minds! Some men even get angry & annoyed if we read their minds like a book. often we run into trouble. So, even if I read the minds of people sometimes, I keep it to myself & use it to do good. But never to exploit people. If we have this ability, we should also know how to use it in the right way.
Good luck to you
Krishna
I can sometimes read minds because I am a very keen observer. I can do it better when the person is in front of me.
It becomes difficult for us non -English speaking people to understand the difference. What I understand by your article, you will have visions. Yes, that is different from my ability to read minds. Sometimes I too feel
I have seen or felt something happening before but I can't recollect where. Maybe in my mind. Like Minnie said
it happens to some people.
Krishna

simple said:
To Krishna,

I re-read what I wrote. I'm not clear how you come to the "reading minds."

Intuititive thought is like any other form of reasoning. It is used in an everyday, normal way. I find my way home, drive a car, converse, take care of my family, tell the weather or any other thing you can think of that a person does in a day, and most often I cogitate with induction.

It isn't in my experience, anything like reading minds. Imagine if I could, I'd be the richest person in the world. Governments would fight for a mind like that. Since I don't read minds, sadly no one has called on me yet... Maybe Sylvia, who writes all those books, reads minds... Have they called her yet?

Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa said:
If I say, I can relate to it? Yes, people don't like we finding out what goes on their minds! Some men even get angry & annoyed if we read their minds like a book. often we run into trouble. So, even if I read the minds of people sometimes, I keep it to myself & use it to do good. But never to exploit people. If we have this ability, we should also know how to use it in the right way.
Good luck to you
Krishna
Thank you for your reply. I understand what you write :)

Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa said:
I can sometimes read minds because I am a very keen observer. I can do it better when the person is in front of me.
It becomes difficult for us non -English speaking people to understand the difference. What I understand by your article, you will have visions. Yes, that is different from my ability to read minds. Sometimes I too feel I have seen or felt something happening before but I can't recollect where. Maybe in my mind. Like Minnie said it happens to some people.
Krishna

simple said:
To Krishna,

I re-read what I wrote. I'm not clear how you come to the "reading minds." Intuititive thought is like any other form of reasoning. It is used in an everyday, normal way. I find my way home, drive a car, converse, take care of my family, tell the weather or any other thing you can think of that a person does in a day, and most often I cogitate with induction.

It isn't in my experience, anything like reading minds. Imagine if I could, I'd be the richest person in the world. Governments would fight for a mind like that. Since I don't read minds, sadly no one has called on me yet... Maybe Sylvia, who writes all those books, reads minds... Have they called her yet?

Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa said:
If I say, I can relate to it? Yes, people don't like we finding out what goes on their minds! Some men even get angry & annoyed if we read their minds like a book. often we run into trouble. So, even if I read the minds of people sometimes, I keep it to myself & use it to do good. But never to exploit people. If we have this ability, we should also know how to use it in the right way.
Good luck to you
Krishna
Minnie,
Thank you for your kind words :)

You wrote: Sometimes the spirit may know something the body has not yet thought of.
*****************************************************************************************

Minnie W. Shuler said:
I think some people can know your thoughts or they are incredibly observant. However, such a gift can only come when it is truly needed and it is more of an inspiration. I have observed this personally. I do not read people's minds, but several years ago my daughter was very ill and nearly died. As her bishop came to see her, I was wondering why he had not done more for her....he perceived my thoughts and answered my question without my saying a word. It was kind of strange, but I also perceived what was hapenning. Personally, I do not want to know other's thoughts. Intuition is real and a significant help to all who can think that way. I do not claim it, but on very rare occasions. I think everyone has this gift at some time or another, not to the degree that you speak of. I think we have all had thoughts or urges that have or can change our actions in a specific situation. Things that just do not sit well with us or things we just know are right. I just consider that each of us has a body and spirit, which is our soul. Sometimes the spirit may know something the body has not yet thought of. There was a story about a man who worked in the twin towers in Manhattan. This man had never missed a day of work. On the morning of 9/11 he had the feeling that he needed to stay at home and be with his family for some reason. He followed this intuition, he would have been killed.
Hi Ninon,

Well, actually I have gone and said that I was receptive to the spirit in Church--or hear "psychically" well.

It depends on what church you attend-- I happen to attend one of the largest Christian demoninations. I think they have big shoulders there and aren't too fazed about paranormal experience. In fact, I often feel very supported by my participation there, both for beliefs in the "seen and the unseen."

The difficulty for some grown-ups is that they are not willing to believe what they cannot see; my experience joyously permits me that, and more life, and more faith :)
Amen!

simple said:
Hi Ninon,

Well, actually I have gone and said that I was receptive to the spirit in Church--or hear "psychically" well.

It depends on what church you attend-- I happen to attend one of the largest Christian demoninations. I think they have big shoulders there and aren't too fazed about paranormal experience. In fact, I often feel very supported by my participation there, both for beliefs in the "seen and the unseen."

The difficulty for some grown-ups is that they are not willing to believe what they cannot see; my experience joyously permits me that, and more life, and more faith :)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2019   Created by Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service