Science, Art, Litt, Science based Art & Science Communication
I think many of the illustrations in Scientific American qualify as art. I know an artist that is very good, Paul Lafolley who does scientific based paintings
I know that there are others
about lafooley on wikipedia
* The Cosmos Falls into the Chaos as Shakti Urborosi: The Elimination of Value Systems by Spectrum Analysis(1965)
* Utopia: The Suspension between the Possible and the Impossible (1973)
* Get Thee Behind Me, Satan (1974-1983)
* Temporality: The Great Within of the Universe (1974)
* Black-White Hole: the Force of the History of the Universe to Produce Total Non-Existence(1976)
* The Orgone Motor (1982)
* Color Breathing (1983)
* Thanaton III: Extraterrestrial Communication Portal (1989)
* Geochronmechane: The Time Machine from the Earth (1990)
* It Came From Beneath Space: Lucid Dream Number 52 (1991)
* The Alchemy of Breathing (1992)
* The Fetal Dream of Life into Death (2001-02)
* After Gaudi: A Grand Hotel for New York City (2002)
* Pickman's Mephitic Models (2004)
* The Physically Alive Structured Environment: The Bauharoque (2004)
* Cosmogenesis To Christogenesis (2005)
 Books and monographs
* Laffoley, P. (1989). Paul Laffoley: The Phenomenology of Revelation. Boston: Kent Fine Art.
* Laffoley, P. (1999). Architectonic Thought Forms: a Survey of the Art of Paul Laffoley 1967-1999. Austin, TX: Austin Museum of Fine Art.
I think I will buy one of his books. he is very good
but I know there are others
As long as the people who try to reproduce a masterpiece work in order to get a hang of the techniques of Fine Arts, it is good. Just a few centuries ago, almost all of fine artists studied to copy his master’s paintings. But today very few artist do this. Because they are in a hurry to create their own original styles. A masterpiece can be from fine art to designer art. It can include any art era such as pop art or impressionism etc. The bad thing that happens is that artists try to copy a master's work put in some style of their own but claim it to be theirs.
Well its a personal opinion.